[netperf-talk] default timeout for netperf packets

suva shrestha suva_anfield at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 10 21:47:22 PDT 2006

Message: 3
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 08:09:43 -0700
From: Rick Jones <rick.jones2 at hp.com>
Subject: Re: [netperf-talk] default timeout for netperf packets
To: netperf-talk at netperf.org

suva shrestha wrote:
>hello,
>
>i am simulating a satellite network with round trip time 500ms.
>
>Plz inform me on the default timout of netperf packets. Can we change it???

Which default timeout do you mean?

rick jones

When one send's TCP packets, the reciever sends an ACK on recieving it. If
the sender does not get as ACK within a certain time limit it re-transmits
the packet. I wanted to know what this timeout was and if we could change it
as satellite links have timeout upto 600ms.

Thank you.